Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Steeped in Books

Well, here it is, new release Tuesday for August.  With releases like Heather Webber's second in the Lucy Valentine series, "Deeply, Desperately" and Cleo Coyle's ninth outing in the Coffeehouse series, "Roast Mortem", I'm in Cozy Mystery nirvana.  Not to mention the latest in Nevada Barr's Anna Pigeon series, "Burn". 

Three more weeks, and my last accounting class will be OVER.  I've managed to pull B's in the other ones, if I can just haul out of this one with another B I'll be happy.  And relieved.  One thing I've discovered is, I'll never be an accountant!


My latest project is entering all my ebooks into Calibre - the best ebook management/conversion/viewing software out there.  Developed by Kovid Goyal, who I'm proud to say I know via the forums at Mobile Read, Calibre is freeware, and is constantly being developed and improved.  Unfortunately, my ebooks are in such a mess that to avoid having a million duplicates that I'd have to go in and weed out later, I'm having to enter things one folder at a time.  At least this gives me a chance to see what I'm missing, so I can put it on assorted wishlists at the various ebookstores.  Right now, I'm on author 56 out of 210 in my Cozy Mystery folder, with at least that many more in my Paranormal genre folder, and then assorted anthologies, thrillers, novels, YA, and science fiction to go.  I think I might be at this for awhile.  After I'm done, though, I can export this database and use it with any install of Calibre on any other machine, which will be handy.  I have to admit it's kind of fun and addicting, adding all the series metadata and covers.  Here's a screenshot - I'll keep posting them as I make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment