Okay, so what *was* it with new releases in April anyway? There was a list of new releases a mile long, just in my preferred genre of Cozy Mysteries, and from what I could tell, Paranormal looked just as bad. Did the publishers decide that everyone would have tax refund money back so they could buy books? And if that was a part of the decision, the whole "Publishers vs. Retailers" war with the agency pricing model made even *less* sense (if that's possible), because it has had the result of making a lot of those new releases impossible to get hold of in ebook! What's that you say? I can buy the paperback or hardback instead? Sorry, Publishers, there were good and sufficient reasons for me to go "all ebook all the time" and I'm by no means the only one. Get your act together and stop being afraid of new technology, and get those new releases to the retailers. You're only hurting your customers and your authors...both of which, need I remind you, are the reason for your very existence.
No comments:
Post a Comment