Saturday, August 14, 2010

My brain is fried....

...but all 199 authors, 221 series, and 1093 books in my Cozy folder are entered into calibre.  I'm probably missing a few here and there that I'll deal with later when I remember they're missing.  Ever since Chris upgraded my hard drives, I've been finding here and there books I missed moving over from the "backup" I put on his machine.

The new phone arrived, and it is wonderful.  I had noticed with the BlackBerry that I was actually avoiding calling places that had numerical options (press 1 for English), or calling my voice mail (because I'd have to enter the passcode).  The Palm Pre Plus is a definite improvement with that!  The touchscreen dialpad is larger, more responsive, and MUCH easier to use.  I'm also liking WebOS.  I've installed a couple of apps - I paid the $1.99 for Popelli Reader, and so far it's handled everything I've thrown at it, which at the moment includes txt, html, lit, and mobi files.  I was also glad to find my familiar Weather Channel app for WebOS. 

I was wrong, however - while the Pre Plus has playlist support, you can't make playlists on the phone, like I could with the BlackBerry.  That is, you can't unless you "jailbreak" it by enabling Developer's Mode and install what they call Music Player (Remix), which is a beta app. that basically took WebOS's music player and redid it the way it probably should have been in the first place.  I'm not brave enough to tackle this, so I'm waiting for Chris to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment