Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Everything old is new again...

I love the smell and taste of fresh baked bread.  Last spring I got on a baking kick, and started making our bread from scratch - no bread machine, kneading, rising, kneading, and baking.   But then real life in the 21st century reared it's ugly head and I found I usually didn't have time for what is usually about a six hour process.  So - with an unexpected gift card from Walmart, we bought a bread machine.  It's still about a three hour process, but other than mixing the ingredients the first time and checking the dough to make sure it isn't too dry, it's mostly set and forget. 

This morning I decided I was missing fresh bread. Something about spring-like weather makes me want to cook. So I threw the ingredients in the bread machine.  The house will smell like fresh bread and fresh air today - and I'm not seeing a problem with this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment