Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Misc. and Sundry

This post is probably going to be one huge mess.  I haven't posted in a week, because not much interesting is happening.  I finished the second Orchard book, Rotten to the Core, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I so love both Sheila Connolly's series (the other one is the Glassblowing series under the name Sarah Atwell).   I just checked Fantastic Fiction to make sure I had the name of the second book correct, and I see there are two more Orchard Mysteries upcoming this year, one in October and one in December.  Sheila must be one VERY busy lady!

Chris and I made a rare trip to Sterling, for Bath and Body Works.  We both love their "Lay It On Thick" shea butter cream, and I'm addicted to Moonlight Path everything, as well as the aromatherapy Energize with Mandarin and Lime.  So we stocked up on all that, taking advantage of a few sales.  We also decided to wander around in Penney's, not intending to actually BUY anything, but ended up with a new outfit for me that Chris picked out.  He says I have his grandmother's taste in clothes, so I told him "Fine, YOU pick something you'd like to see me wear!"  He did.  Black knee length flirty skirt, white tuxedo shirt, and long black vest. By the time we took into consideration clearance sales, plus another 20% off for using the Penney's card, we got the outfit at something like 70% off.   Basically, it's a woman's version of a tux, but it looks fantastic on me.  I told him that from now on, he gets to pick all my dress clothes.

This week's big book release:  Alan Bradley's second Flavia Luce novel "The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag".  

No comments:

Post a Comment