No, I did not drop off the face of the planet, things just got a little hectic, as usual. Between school, work, and Chris, my life sometimes feels like a tornado in progress.
Lots of things going on - I'll try to make a short list here. Last Sunday, Chris and I attended the Deadly Divas tour at the Bolingbrook Barnes & Noble. Heather Webber, Denise Swanson, Marcia Talley, and Sara Rosett were in attendance, unfortunately, Elizabeth Lynn Casey had to miss this tour. It was a blast! I had been talking to Heather via Facebook and blog comments about it for a couple of weeks, so she was forewarned about me being there. I also warned her about my new strategy for autographs: Since I've more than likely already bought the ebook, and since Li'l Bit has handwriting recognition, I just have them sign a new document in Paint that I can save as .png. Then I can make a neat wallpaper with all the autographs, or insert them into the ebook files. Heather was also kind enough to sign my ARC of Truly, Madly that I got through the Firstreads program at Goodreads. The picture that Marcia Talley took with her iPhone of Heather signing Li'l Bit turned up on her blog on Monday, which I thought was pretty darn cool!
Won blog commenter of the month for March at Elizabeth Lynn Casey's blog - I had my pick of prizes, but chose an autographed copy of the first Sewing Circle Mystery, Sew Deadly. Received it and it's in a place of honor on my ARC and autographed shelf on my desk. I'm going to have to slow down on winning these, though, that shelf is getting close to full! I have titles on there from Julie Hyzy, Hank Phillippi Ryan, Kimberly Frost, Sheila Connolly, and of course Elizabeth Lynn Casey.
Details E-Publishing is taking off. Julie Hyzy asked me to format three manuscripts for her, and Lorraine Bartlett asked me to do a few for her, as well. I hope to have all those done and back to them at the end of day, Sunday.
I get spring break from classes - basically a week and a half off, since week 8 is super short for these classes. Next session is the long-dreaded Accounting 2 and Database Management. I may drop off the planet again for the duration.
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago

stopping by to say "hi."
ReplyDeleteAll the best with your new business. Just visited the website and I like the concept.
--Dru Ann