Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Zoya Haul

I had mentioned in a previous post that I had taken advantage of the Zoya nail polish Earth Day promo.   So I practiced my mailperson stalking, and sure enough - they're here!
I got bottles of:
Zuza
Myrta
Kimber
Joy
Ruby
Crystal

Zuza, Myrta, and Kimber are all part of Zoya's Beach and Surf collection for Summer 2012.  They're bright metallic foils.  Kimber is a bright pink, Myrta is a blazing orange, and Zuza is a delightful light turquoise.  I'm very happy with all three of these, though possibly I should have gone with the darker purple metallic in the collection instead of bright pink Kimber.  But at the time, what was going through my head was, "I don't own any pink!"  Well,I definitely made up for it now.

Ruby has been on my wishlist for a long time now, and I'm very pleased to say that it not only met my expectations, it exceeded them.  It is an absolutely beautiful pinky-red with silver shimmer.  I can't wait to wear it.

Joy I bought because the description on the site said, "rose gold"  I am an absolute sucker for anything rose gold, so...yeah.  It's a very pretty vivacious pink with gold shimmer.

Crystal is the surprise hit of the bunch for me though.  I was expecting a lighter blue.  But it is a very very delightful marine blue, with gold and silver flecks.  It's not chunky enough to be glitter,(and it dries with a satin finish, unlike glitter) and it's not fine enough to be shimmer. I have no idea what they call this - but it reminds me of very tiny reptile scales.  I think I've found the perfect polish to complement my work outfit of khaki pants and denim shirt.  This finish (as with Zoya Ivanka) takes three coats to really look good, but the payoff in my opinion is worth the extra work.

No comments:

Post a Comment