The above, of course, is Sara and Hoggle's conversation in the movie The Labyrinth when Sara meets her first fairy and finds out they're not nice at all.
The Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs site lists the notes for Fairy Bites as: Osmanthus
and raw honey with lavender, chamomile, white peppermint, raspberry,
honeysuckle, thyme, bergamot, and Dracula orchid.
The white peppermint note in this concerned me, for mint and I are not usually best friends. The rest of the notes are all win on me though, and as it turns out, I shouldn't have worried. This is a very light, refreshing (probably due at least in part to the mint), blend.
Usually, wet, I can pick out at least a few of the listed notes, even if they dry into such a well-blended medley that I can't do it after it dries. This one is an exception - I can't pick out ANYTHING - just a light, refreshing, maybe slightly fruity floral. Very nice for hot summer days, when all you feel like doing is hanging out under a sprinkler.
This one may be a bottle purchase for me - I really am enjoying it. Assuming, that is, that I don't end up with the whole collection in bottles simply for collection's sake. I mean..it IS Labyrinth!
Also, the obligatory FTC disclosure: While I'm Facebook friends with
Beth and hang out at the forums, I bought the decants of the scents from
a fellow forumite, Beth has no idea I planned to review them, and I was
not compensated in any way for this review.
No comments:
Post a Comment