Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sound off!

Okay, I've had it.  This is just ridiculous.  So they want to build a community center that contains a place for islamic worship (NOT A MOSQUE!)  two blocks and around the corner from Ground Zero. (here's a map )  Why is this even being argued about?  What are we going to do, rope off a mile radius from Ground Zero in Manhattan?  Riiiight.  In a city where every metric centimeter is valuable real estate, that's about as likely as the Easter Bunny coming in November. 
This has absolutely nothing to do with the national tragedy that was  Sept. 11th, 2001.  It has everything to do with hysterical media making mountains out of molehills, and gullible people who are too lazy to do their own research falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree. Its ridiculous to think the place is going to be a shrine. Not that the people who lost their lives care. (sorry, but they are gone, they no longer care one way or the other what happens here. . .least of all a piece of land)

    Personally, I don't care whats built there or near there. But given the fact of *what* it is, I think it is highly thoughtless.

    But what I do see is the people who were effected DO care. They feel its disrespectful and are hurt by it. That should be the issue more than anything else

    On the other hand, people are getting far too quick to scream 'I"m offended' and think the world should come screeching to a halt for them. One article I've recently read states this better than I can. "When 'I'm Offended' becomes a war cry"

    ReplyDelete