The Shelfari trick worked! Regardless of the wonky widget, I did manage to keep track of what I read all month!
Anyway...here we go...
Madelyn Alt - A Witch in Time: One of my favorite series and I loved this last one. The chemistry between Marcus and Maggie finally caught fire. Five stars.
Isabel Wolff - A Vintage Affair: This is one of the few times that B&N's hype got me. Really enjoyed the book though, and the vintage clothes setting is always a hit with me.
John Levitt - Dog Days: Not cozy. Urban Fantasy series similar to the Dresden Files. Loved it.
Amanda Lee - The Quick and the Thread: Wonderful start for a new series... really enjoyed it!
Simon R. Green - Ghost of a Chance: Again, not cozy but urban fantasy. I liked a short story I read from his Nightside series, so when I saw a new series debut I had to try it. It wasn't as good as I was hoping. Not bad, but too gory for my taste. I had to skim some at the end.
Betty Webb - The Anteater of Death: I adore this series!!
Heather Webber - Deeply, Desperately: What can I say? Five star read, simply AMAZING. Loved, loved, loved it
.
Jim & Joyce LaVene - Wicked Weaves: First in the Renaissance Faire series, and I'll read the others, because I really enjoyed this one.
Hannah Reed (Deb Baker) - Buzz Off: Loved it, can't wait for more of Story's ...well, story, LOL.
Simon R. Green - Something From the Nightside: First in the Nightside series. Enjoyed this one more than Ghost of a Chance, and will probably get around to the rest of the series.
Jana DeLeon - Trouble in Mudbug: First in the Ghost-in-Law series. I have not laughed so hard in a LONG, long time. I absolutely LOVED this, and can't wait to read the other two. HIGHLY recommended.
Betty Webb - The Koala of Death: Yep, love this series, LOL.
Wendy Lyn Watson - Scoop to Kill: Anything set in Texas gets points with me, but this would be a great series even if it wasn't for that. Loved it. Oh, and Wendy's a brat....read the book and you'll see what I mean.
Miranda James (Dean James) - Murder Past Due: Another 5 star read...really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next installment.
Sheila Connolly - Red Delicious Death: Soooo glad this series isn't done yet, because I'm thoroughly enjoying them!!
Cleo Coyle - French Pressed: All of these are really good - slowly working my way through the series.
By now you're probably wondering if I like EVERYTHING I read. Unfortunately, no. I had one book this month I couldn't even finish, regretfully. I say "regretfully" because I really wanted to like it. I started Alexander Campion's "A Grave Gourmet" right after I finished "Trouble in Mudbug"....and either it was too big of a shift, or I wasn't in the mood, or what, I don't know...but I still haven't finished it. I've picked it up a few times, but I just can't get into it.
Current read is the new Rita Mae Brown - "A Nose for Justice". This is the first in a new series. I can see similarities between this and her other two mystery series - the tone is the same. However, a whole different setting in these (Nevada as opposed to Virginia), and different subjects. I'm enjoying it.

Thanks for the recommendations! The virtual to-be-read pile of samples in my Kindle app appears to be growing exponentially. :)
ReplyDeleteI see you found the link in my sig, LOL! Glad to help!
ReplyDelete