...will make you do unplanned things. Like impulse purchasing.
I've had a bad case of gadget lust for months now. Part of it stemmed from us being on such a tight budget all summer, due to having two car payments at once. Well, now that my car is paid off, (Hallelujah!) there's a bit more wiggle room.
You would think that the new phone would have cured the gadget lust, but ohh noooo....y'all know me better, don't you? No, I've been looking at and comparing ebook readers again; since the price drops and the new Pearl screens, I've been really tempted to go for a Nook...or even a new Kindle *gasp*.
Well, I was talking to Chris about the new crop of Sony Readers this morning. I found out that the Sony Stores had floor models of the new ones in, and I wanted to see one up close and personal. However, that led to Chris looking at the outgoing models, and finding out they were on clearance - and available closer than the nearest Sony Store - which is halfway across the state from us. Illinois isn't that big of a state, but still....
Anyway, we went to go look at the older model (a 600), thinking it'd be that or a Nook for me. It ended up being the Sony, and now that I have it, it's charged, and I've been loading books onto it, I'm glad. I love the collections feature, and I love that it treats sideloaded content exactly the same as it does things you purchase from the Sony Reader store. The screen isn't the crispest out there, but it isn't awful, either. All in all, if you find one on clearance at a good price, I'd say grab it.
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment