I was browsing through the chick lit section at the online bookstore, half awake, and not really paying attention to the blurbs I was reading other than to think occasionally, "Oh, that looks interesting...." when a description caught my eye. I'm still shaking my head over this one:
Nice by Jen Sacks - here's the blurb:
"First there was Clay--it just sort of happened.
Then there was Pete--he was becoming way too attached.
Ben, well, he totally had it coming.
And then there was Sam...
Grace is nice to a fault. She never picks fights, and doesn't like to criticize or hurt people's feelings. Problem is, the men in her life never seem to take a hint. And she just can't bear to tell them outright when she isn't interested. So she kills them. A clean break--no messy emotions, no heated arguments. But someone is onto her. His name is Sam, and he and Grace, with one very dangerous thing in common, make a killer couple. It's a match made in heaven-as long as they can both survive the relationship..." Ummm ok.. Dent his ego or dent his head?
I was still shaking my head when Chris got up and he asked what I was thinking about, so I told him. He kind of snorted and then asked, "Is there anything we need to talk about, dear?" *grin*. I think he thinks I read wayyyy too many murder mysteries.
I think we've all been in places where we might have *liked* to kill an ex love interest that just wouldn't take no for an answer, at least if going into the Witness Protection Program and disappearing forever just wasn't an option. Love the idea about what would happen if someone actually *did* do it, though. And was smart enough to get away with it...
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment