I may be acclimating to wearing less clothing in lower temperatures, but one thing I can't seem to get over is Spring Fever hitting way way too early for Illinois. We have at least another month of cold/snow/rain/slush/yuck. It's currently 28 degrees F. here, and what do I want to do? Open the windows! It is sunny, and of course the sun coming through the glass is warm, but I know the second I open that window it's going to be FREEZING. Doesn't stop me from wanting to do it anyway, though.
The cats have Spring Fever too. They're back to yowling at the front door wanting out on the enclosed porch every morning when we get up. We keep telling them it's still cold, but they just give us those feline stares that seem to say, "And so what if it is? It's all your fault, fix it!".
Another symptom of Spring Fever for me is wanting to start Spring cleaning. NOT a good idea, when everything outside is still snow-covered, and every time we come in from outdoors, dirty snow comes in too. I'm craving baby lettuces, and radishes, and green onions, and lots of veggies - mostly the stuff that it's way too early for here.
Hurry up, Spring!! My patience weareth thin...
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment