We didn't get the foot of snow they were predicting. The roads are perfectly clear, and it's above freezing out. I just did errands in sweatshirt and jeans, no coat. I can tell that this Native Texan is acclimating to Illinois more and more - I had to turn off the heater in the Tracker and roll the window down today! I think if it gets above 40 degrees anytime soon I'll take the Tracker down to the car wash and at least rinse some of the road grime and salt off.
Got refunded last month's insurance payment, because we switched companies right after I paid the old company. Which means I bought a couple of books!
I got "Sink Trap" by Christy Evans, and "A Slice of Murder" by Chris Cavender. I wouldn't have gotten "A Slice of Murder" if I hadn't had Rewards money at Books on Board, because the darn thing went from $7.99 when I added it to my wishlist to $15.30! I ended up getting it for $8.30, but it blew most of my Rewards doing it. Oh well. I've noticed a lot of stuff on my assorted wishlists having huge price jumps. Another piece of fallout from the Macmillan/Amazon fuss, I'm assuming. Dont even get me started.
I have to work tonight, 5 - 10. Not particularly looking forward to it, but it's a lot better since the CSA from hell left.
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment