Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Tea Adventure ends.

Well, maybe that's a little misleading, but... my foray into "premium" teas is ending.  I was so excited to receive the Adagio order, and I love the cup and infuser I got.  There's just one problem.  The tea itself.  Now, I'm not criticizing Adagio.  They have a lovely website, great customer service and an active and friendly forum going for them.  But apparently, I do not have premium tea tastebuds, because the tea I got...well, I'm sure it's great if you want a hint of flavor and very strong tea, but that's the opposite of what I was looking for.   No, my tastebuds really seem to prefer the Lipton flavored teas and the Celestial Seasonings fruit tisanes.  I also just bought a box of Celestial Seasonings Rooibos to try.
A friend at Mobile Read sent me some samples from Lupicia too.  Although they are much stronger flavored than the Adagio teas, my plebian taste buds still prefer Lipton.  I guess a tea snob is one kind of snob I'll never be, LOL!

In other news:  We survived the Snowpocalypse: Midwest Revenge Tour quite nicely.  They closed Chris's job down for two days, which meant he was available to drive me into work on Wednesday night.  I didn't actually drive until Friday.  But no power outages, and Chris cleared the driveway in four steps:

  1. Shovel for approximately fifteen minutes
  2. Decide, "Hell with this..."
  3. Start Blazer and shift into 4LO
  4. Stomp on it! 
Other than having three foot "walls" on either side of the driveway, it worked pretty well!  But there are piles and piles of snow all over town ... some are probably up to six or seven feet tall, so I'm not complaining.  At this rate, we may not see bare ground until July!

2 comments:

  1. lol To be honest, thats what I feel as well. The 'real' teas I've tasted I really haven't cared for either. Although, I will continue to sample as the opportunities arise, you never know what you might stumble across. But yeah, for me, I'm generally happy with Liptons/Celestial Seasonings, etc. What I hate is how they get you hooked on a flavour then disappear it - or make it hard to find. Grrr. lol

    As for the snow - I'm jealous. We had about two feet most of this winter, and it keeps going down, getting freshened, going down, getting freshened. I hope we get a good dump before the season's gone. I don't care so much for the cold, but the snow sure is pretty! :) (Even after shovelling!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at not having the premium tea taste buds.

    The only premium tea that I liked was the vanilla bean tea, but like you I prefer Lipton when I desire a nice cup of hot tea.

    It rained yesterday so we saw the snow mounds shrink a little. If we get a couple of more of these days the snow can be gone by the weekend. Unfortunately, I keep hearing that another snow storm is approaching us.

    ReplyDelete