Saturday, January 15, 2011

Don't judge an ebook...

Y'all know the old adage, "Don't judge a book by it's cover", right?  Of course you do.  Well, this morning as I'm trolling through Fictionwise for something to use the coupon code on,  I was reminded.  Even with ebooks, covers are still important to me.  I noticed there were several books at Fictionwise that I dismissed, even though the synopsis sounded okay, because the covers were truly awful.  I'm OCD about it with my Calibre collection too... I want a cover, and I usually want the one I'm used to seeing on the book, for those older series that used to reside in my mom's bookcases and I'm re-gathering in electronic format now. 

I wonder how many indie authors lose sales because of horrendous covers?  Or if it's just me that notices?

1 comment:

  1. The cover is the first thing I see and it has to make an impression for me to read that blurb.

    ReplyDelete