A couple of years ago, Chris and I went out looking for a secondhand dresser for clothes storage. We came home with a complete bedroom furniture set. I love it...it's all sleek lines and dark wood, and provides a completely neutral background for whatever decor anyone's heart might desire.
Well, my heart has been desiring this one particular decor since the first time I saw it, which was, at a guess, about six months ago.
But we really didn't need a new comforter set, we had plenty of them - so I put it off and put it off, thinking that eventually the set would go on clearance and I could justify buying it then. Well, it didn't go on clearance, but tax refund came in. We usually try to be responsible with our tax refunds, using them for a mixture of paying off bills and treats. This set is my "treat" this year. When I went to get it today before work, I nearly had heart failure. They'd moved the bedding section around, and I couldn't find this set in Queen, all I could find it in was Full size, which of course would be way too small for the Queen size bed we have. I finally pulled out another set and found this one behind it, but in King size. I bought it anyway, figuring that maybe I wouldn't get to use the bedskirt, but a wider comforter never hurt anything. I went all out, too...got the pictured comforter set, new pillows (which we really did need), the throw pillows that go with the set that aren't shown in that picture above, and new curtains for the bedroom. Unfortunately, our local store didn't have the curtains in the photo, but the ones I found were cheaper and I think they match just as well. I didn't have time to put it all together before work tonight, and I'm way too tired to even think about starting on it now, but I'll have it to look forward to doing tomorrow!
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment