Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My new best friend...OneNote

...well, at least my new best friend in software!  My friend Danae kept trying to tell me that Microsoft OneNote was the best thing since sliced bread.  I never had time to really look at it, so I never got into using it...until the last week or so.  She was right. OneNote ROCKS!

I've now got all sorts of notes set up in a new notebook, with sections for book releases, new music releases, website logins, contacts, to-do lists, shopping lists, and a calendar. 
You can "tag" entries....for example, on my book release lists, I use the little checkbox icon. When I get the book, I check the box.  MUCH  nicer than the x's I was using at the end of the line.  What can I say, it satisfies my inner child - the one who loves eyecandy in her software!  Then if I've also read the book, I can double tag it with another icon - I'm using a star.
You can create "stationery" for your notebook pages as well. I made a customized page for my Music section, since there wasn't one in the predone page templates.

Here's some screen shots of the books, music, and to-do (calendar) pages:  As you can see, each section of your notebook can be a different color, and you get tabs in each section too, for pages.  I'm having fun with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment