Again, the "Other perfumes you love" thread at BPAL keeps introducing me to new perfumeries that I would never have found otherwise. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing depends on whether you ask my nose or my bank account!
Everyone is coming out with their Autumn scent collections. Haus of Gloi's Autumn collection was both varied and intriguing to me. But one scent, Hex, was a "must have" for me, just from the description:
"You've been bewitched! Brackish amber, aged vanilla bean and three
dark fruits, veiled in darkness and otherworldly secrecy."
Dark fruits will get me every time, and honey and/or amber usually get my attention as well. So I ordered a bottle of Hex, which arrived today.
So I was very excited to receive this one, and didn't even let it settle much before applying. First impression? Yep, that's amber! At very first sniff I was getting amber and honey, and ...wait...no fruit? But after a few seconds, the fruit comes out and this is delicious! This reminds me a lot of BPAL's Berry Moon 2009, without the musty impression I get from that one. This is a very nice blend of what smells like a mixture of black plum and blackberry with vanilla and rich golden amber. In other words...delightful! So glad I ordered a whole bottle instead of a sample.
The Autumn collection at Haus of Gloi has a few more scents I want to try to get my hands on before they disappear as well. Pumpkin Eater, described as : "Cream, glowing pumpkin, rich vanilla
bean and the tiniest touch of nutmeg butter", sounds like something I would adore.
Also there was a sample of another scent from the regular line included in this order, and lucky me, it was one I had been curious about. Honey Tree's description is: "Quite rich! Right from the bee hive - honey amplified by
seductive essence of resinous vanilla, darkened by a passing waft of
mild rare wood smoke." The wood smoke note was concerning me, because unlike a lot of my friends on assorted perfume sites, I don't like notes like smoke and asphalt and tobacco. But as far as I can tell, this is just a rich honey/vanilla, no smoke detected by my nose. So that's a keeper too.
As always, all scent descriptions are taken from the perfume site at http://www.hausofgloi.com. Also, Matt and Britton have no clue who I am other than a random customer, and had no idea I planned to review the scent. I purchased the scent on my own, and I was not compensated in any way, shape, or form for this review.
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment