Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What's going on in my world

I feel steeped in music, perfume, and books lately.  The perfume craving has been somewhat eased since the order of DOOM that I received last month.  Nine bottles, 12 imps that I ordered, and 17 frimps (free imps).  However, out of those imps, I've got a another prospective bottle list going, including Juliet, Thalia, O (yes, the scent is named after what you're thinking!),  and Glasgow.  Also previous imps of Baobhan Sith and Aeval are still waiting for me to order bottles of them.
I "discovered" Smash.  Anyone who knows me can probably predict that yes indeed, I went nuts for it.  Love the music, love the cast, love the storyline.  Don't care about the critics that are griping about the drama - it's Glee for grownups and I adore it.  Finally found out tonight (after searching fruitlessly for information for the last month, why must networks be so damn secretive?) that the soundtrack will be released May 1.  I am SO excited, even though most of the tracks from it are already available as singles via iTunes.  To show how little attention I pay to TV usually though, I 'd never heard of Katharine McPhee before this...and now I can't get enough. The woman can SING.  Also of note in music (well, music I listen to, anyway), the new Rascal Flatts album came out today, so of course I had to grab that.
And well, there's always books. Books with a tie in to either music or perfume are bonuses in my world, so I'm all sorts of excited about Wicked As They Come, which was written by a member of the forums attached to BPAL.  It's waiting for me to finish Hook and Jill, which I've been intending to read ever since last year when I saw it at the signing where I met Julie Hyzy.  The process would be going faster, but I'm trying to read Hook and Jill on Chris's new toy, an Acer Iconia Tab (the 7 inch version), and the battery life on the poor thing is NOT designed for the way I read.  I keep having to stop and go plug it in.  Another argument against getting a backlit screen e-reader, I suppose.  Although my poor Sony Daily Edition is starting to show it's age.  Adding new titles is downright painful due to the looooong wait for it to index the SD card storage, and last time it nearly gave me heart failure when it froze in the process.  Problem is, there's absolutely nothing out there I can replace it with.  No one is making 7" e-ink devices.
School is still lurching along.  I'm halfway through this session, and up until midterms, I had a perfect score in my Advertising class.  I guess it surprised the professor, as she emailed me to make sure I had noticed!  Unfortunately, I missed two questions on the midterm, giving me "only" a 94.  I'll take it.  My other class, International Business, though, is not nearly as much fun.  It would be an interesting class, I think, if it weren't that the professor seems to have a steel rod up his nether regions.  If the man would unbend and make it interesting, I bet my grades would be a lot better, even though a 91 isn't anything to sneeze at.  Four more classes after these....I'm getting there.
My ears finally decided to let me wear earrings again, so I went a little crazy at the local ShopKo when they had a gigantic jewelry sale.  I now have earrings I can wear again!  I am very happy about this, and have been wearing them non-stop almost.  It probably doesn't hurt that I bought one of those things you hang earrings on on clearance at Hellmart and it lives on my dresser where they're right in my face every  morning. 
And last but not least, I've apparently gone nail polish nuts. I never was much of one to care about my nails, because I actually USE my hands and I can't keep polish from chipping/peeling or just wearing off super fast.  But damned if the BPAL forums didn't get me hooked and now I've got X number of bottles (I'm afraid to actually count them, but it's enough Chris had to make me shelves for storage), and I subscribed to Julep Maven, which adds to the collection by three bottles a month. Right now I'm wearing two colors from the China Glaze Capitol Colors collection, a tie in from the Hunger Games books/movie.  Ironic, since I have not read the books nor seen the movie and really don't intend to do either! 
I managed to sprain an ankle trying to keep from stepping on Buddy as he decided to do a barrel roll on my feet.  Worked two hours of a four hour shift on Monday, stayed off it today, mostly, and go back tomorrow. Hope it doesn't give me too much grief.  Anyway, that's all the news that's fit to blog, so I'm off for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment