Apparently I'm psychic. Remember I said how I love it when there's a tie -in between my favorite obsessions, for example, perfume and books? I didn't know how many tie-ins there were going to turn out to BE!
As it turns out, Villainess Soaps has a line of soap and perfume oil blends based on Wicked As They Come, the urban fantasy debut of author Delilah S. Dawson (aka a member of the BPAL forums). I could NOT resist, and ordered the sampler pack. 1 ml samples of Criminy, Letiticia, and Tabitha pefume oils, and mini bars of soap in all three scents. So far I've tested Criminy and Letiticia, and although my budget is crying, I will NEED big bottles of both. (Reviews to follow).
And then, and THEN, I found out that Conjure Oils has a line based on the October Daye books by Seanan McGuire. I have seven of the scents in a sampler pack on their way to me now. I can't wait to get them and review them! I had a lot of trouble finding reviews for either set of scents so I plan on doing review posts for both of them as soon as I've tested them all.
In the nail polish obsession arena, Zoya had their Earth Day promo - get half off their polishes (six minimum), in exchange for sending your old toxic ones in to be responsibly recycled. It's on the honor system, so you get your polishes first, paying only half the usual rate and then send your old ones in. They won't penalize you if you don't, but it would seem sort of unfair not to, you know?
So anyway, I splurged on that and got three of the new Beach and Surf collection colors I had to have (bright metallic foils, yum!) and three of the older colors I'd been drooling over for awhile. Y'all know I had to have their Ruby - rubies are my birthstone and this polish seriously looks like a ruby with silver accents.
Unfortunately, even though this is an "off" week for school (as in there is none), I still have to work, so am on my way out the door. More mindless rambling and perfume reviews later, though!
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment