Saturday, December 10, 2011

Misc. and Sundry

Looking forward to a fun weekend.  Believe it or not, it's  a pretty light weekend for school work, so I plan on testing the approximately 35 new BPAL scent samples (aka imps) I got this week.  Some of them are forum favorites, so I'm looking forward to trying them to see if they work on me and what all the fuss is about.

I must be the most skin care and makeup retarded woman in the world.  In my own defense, I didn't wear makeup at all for something like 20 years, though, and pretty much ignored my face except for washing it.  I have always had good skin but age and hormones were bound to catch up eventually.  So now I actually have a face care and makeup "routine".  I must admit, my skin looks brighter and healthier than it's looked in some time since starting this!   And the makeup job was so flawless today that until I mentioned it, Chris didn't even notice I had any on, except for the eye makeup, of course.  Anytime I can get it to look like "me, only better", I'm happy.  Just in case anyone's curious, here's what I'm doing/using.

Once a week:  Brown sugar/honey/olive oil scrub. Super exfoliating and moisturizing too!

Daytime:  Soap and washcloth, followed by plain old Oil of Olay sensitive formula cream.  Then makeup, if I'm wearing it.

Nighttime:  Remove makeup and then another dose of soap and washcloth, followed by another dose of the Oil of Olay. 

Still drooling over the Inglot Freedom System eye shadow palettes, but I think I'm going to adopt a different strategy.  If I get the 5 color palettes, instead of one huge 40 color one, they are a lot easier both to store and to travel with, if I ever need to.  Plus it's not one huge money layout at one time.  Doing it this way will cost me a little more in the long run (shipping charges and the cost of the palettes), but I think several of the 5 color palettes will be more manageable than one huge one.

Oh, and "Ms. Never Wears Dresses" aka me, found one I am absolutely in LOVE with:  http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/zbrandskiosk/women/chapswomens/dresses/PRD~814019/Chaps+CableKnit+Sweaterdress.jsp  I love the color, the style, everything about it.

I might just outgrow the tomboy stage yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment