...innocently enough, at Mobile Read. In my previous post, I noted about how I needed something warm to drink and got sucked into the tea contingent. Well... almost a month later, I think I'm hooked. I have an order from Adagio teas due tomorrow, with an infuser cup (for loose leaf teas) and a good chunk of samples. In the meantime, I've been all over several tea sites, and joined a tea forum through Adagio (Tea Chat). Today I went and bought a couple of jars for my present collection, only to find that not only am I going to need many, many more jars, but that my current solution of using the top of my small pantry cabinet for a "tea station" isn't going to work. Someone at Mobile Read told me in jest (I think) that getting even somewhat serious about tea required cleaning out cabinets and sometimes sacrificing of spouses/children to make the necessary room. I laughed at the time, but I'm beginning to think I owe him an apology....Not that I'm planning to sacrifice Chris anytime soon (okay EVER), but I definitely see his point.
In other news: (yes, I have done something the past month besides drink tea). The holidays were nice and quiet, we spent them here at home. Winter pretty much sees us staying home. We got the one big snowstorm, but then it all melted, giving me a rare glimpse of bare ground in late December. We just got another couple of inches here, but nothing like the storms/accumulation in the South/Northeast. I met my unofficial reading goal for the end of December, and I seem to be currently on a history kick. I read The Ninth Daughter, by Barbara Hamilton which is set pre-Revolutionary war. Loved it, and have searched out some more series with historical emphasis.
My school break was nice and very well needed, but as of tomorrow, it's over. Statisitcs and Compensation/Benefits this semester. I can't say I'm really looking forward to it, I just keep telling myself it's necessary.
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago

A tea forum? I'll admit, I love teas, but. . .a tea forum??
ReplyDeleteLOL yeah, and you'd be amazed at how active it is. They talk not only about tea, but about teaware, English, Japanese, Chinese...
ReplyDelete