This was part of the BPAL forum haul I made a few weeks back. I'm just now getting around to trying/skin testing/reviewing some of these because I ended up with a mild sinus infection. One thing that can spoil perfume testing faster than anything I've found is any sort of upper respiratory problem - not only is my sense of smell not accurate, I usually don't even want to attempt wearing anything I don't already know I love.
Anyway - Honey and Milk is from the Song of Songs collection from Arcana. The site description says: Honey and milk are under thy tongue.
The scent of honeycomb, sweet cinnamon, cream, emmer, nutmeg, peppercorns, and barley.
Obviously, the quote is taken from the Song of Solomon in the Bible, whch if you actually concentrate while you're reading, can be some pretty racy stuff!
First sniff - I actually do get a whiff of mild peppercorn. Interesting!
Wet - mainly honey, milk, and a grainy smell that must be the barley.
As it dries, this morphs - One sniff I'll get the baked goods smell, the next, honey, and after that an almost-floral (I'm beginning to think my skin chemistry does really weird things to milk notes). Once it's completely settled on my skin, it's mainly a honey/grainy/baked goods smell. Not bad, and definitely a keeper.
Join us on Facebook!
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment